Does your breath smells like rotten eggs, urine or decaying meat? If you are having breath smells like feces, etc, you need to start searching for the cure immediately. The simplest way to know whether you has the urine’s smell or such a thing is to ask a trusted adult family member or a very close friend. If the confidant confirms that there is a breath-smells problem, then a particular action can be taken.
Another way to find out is to lightly scrape the posterior back of the tongue with a plastic disposable spoon and to smell the drying residue. Since the odor changes in intensity throughout the day depending on many factors, multiple testing sessions may be necessary. However, scientists have long thought that smelling one’s own mouth odor is often difficult due to acclimatization, although many people with rotten eggs breath are able to detect it in others.
This rotten eggs or feces smell is caused by hydrogen sulfide, methyl mercaptan and other volatile sulfur compounds (VSCs) produced by anaerobic bacteria, mostly thriving at the (airless) base of the papillae of the tongue, from front to back, in between the teeth, and in the crevices missed by the toothbrush and dental floss.
Curing breath smells like rotten eggs or feces needs constant effort
TANITA breath checker
It’s not easy dealing with this kind of rotten eggs like smells, however, there are solutions.
Pay attention to these parts.
- Certain food takings, smoking, alcoholism and many other bad breath causes must be carefully observed to minimize the bad mouth smells.
- Since mouth is exposed to less oxygen and is inactive at night, this rotten eggs smells usually worsening after we wake-up in the morning. This is often considered as morning breath.
- Tongue scaping is another way to clean food particles left on the tongue. So, get tongue cleaning brush today because the most widely-known reason to clean the tongue is for the control of bad breath. This is to prevent the production of the sulfur-containing compounds mentioned above, the bacteria on the tongue must be removed, and also the decaying food debris present on the rear areas of the tongue.
- Flossing is another good thing to minimize the bad smells, so practice it everyday.
- Mouthwashers are also available in the pharmacies. Start using them even if they do not contribute a permanent solution to bad breath, but it can be a good starting-point to minimize the bad rotten eggs smells. Other methods that can also be used are mints, mouth sprays or gum, but may only temporarily mask the smells created by the bacteria on the tongue, and cannot cure bad breath completely because they do not remove the source of the bad odor.
- If you have tonsil stone, look for a way to getting rid of tonsil stones immediately.
- If you have sinus infection, it’s better too to take a look at it.
- Change to a good toothbrush and an electric toothbrush or a waterpik is most recommended. You may choose any best electric toothbrush that suits you the best.
- Professional dental-related services are also available everywhere.
If you are confused where and how to get started, here is a sample: Living Bad Breath Free e-book will completely end your smelly breath problems and you can try it for 21 days.
Having chronic bad breath smells like feces? Or struggling with breath smells like rotten eggs? Act now before it worsens.
Last updated byat .